NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID IN QUEBEC AND WHERE PROHIBITED. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Sweepstakes is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States and Canada. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the 50 United States, the District of Columbia or Canada (excluding Quebec).
1. How to Enter. There are three ways to enter:
(i) Mail-in entry: Obtain a postage-paid Business Reply Mail entry form (“Entry Form”) available (while supplies last) in the rice section of participating grocery stores or supermarkets where Nishiki rice is sold. The Entry Form will also include the “Nishiki Celebrates its 30th Anniversary Survey” (“Survey”). Mail Entry Form with your answers to the Survey, with your full name, mailing address, phone number, and email address to: JFC International Inc, Nishiki 30th Anniversary New Year Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 876223, Los Angeles, CA 90087-9903. All mail-in entries must be postmarked by February 28, 2014 and received by March 5, 2014; or
(ii) Online entry: Log onto www.jfc.com (“Site”), and follow the directions to enter during the Sweepstakes Period (defined below). You must answer the online Survey and complete the online entry form, including your full name, mailing address, phone number, and email address. All online entrants must have a valid email address; or
(iii) QR Code entry: You will be able to submit an entry via QR Code from your mobile device by scanning the QR Code on Sponsor’s Sweepstakes’ posters, product displays, print ads, and Entry Forms during the Sweepstakes Period (defined below). After scanning the QR Code, you will be brought to Sponsor’s site, where you will be required to answer the Survey and complete the entry form, including your full name, mailing address, phone number, and email address. In order to scan the QR Code, your mobile device must have a QR Code reader installed. You must have an Internet-capable mobile device that has a camera in order to scan the QR Code. Standard data rates apply for QR Code entries. Normal airtime and carrier charges may apply and will be billed on your wireless phone bill or deducted from your pre-paid balance. Each wireless carrier's rate plan may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for information on rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes.
Limit one (1) entry per person/email address, regardless of method of entry. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Delivery of prizes requires a street address (no P.O. Boxes). Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries or mail, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
2. Start/End Dates. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on January 2, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on February 28, 2014 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
3. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are 18 or older and the age of majority in their state/province of residence as of date of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Canada (excluding Quebec), and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of JFC International Inc. and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of sweepstakes materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, or Canada (excluding Quebec) and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligibly for entry. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the 50 Unites States, the District of Columbia or Canada (excluding Quebec). Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
4. Random Drawing/Odds. During the week of March 24, 2014, the Sweepstakes administrator will select the winners in a random drawing from all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the drawing. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Please allow six (6) to eight (8) weeks for JFC International Inc to complete the verification and prize winner determination and notification processes.
5. Prizes. One (1) Grand Prize. Grand Prize includes: (i) an H.I.S. World Travel Gift Certificate (“Certificate”) in the amount of $5,000 (U.S.) and (ii) $1,500 (U.S.) cash. Certificate is redeemable for all available services and products sold by the H.I.S. World Travel branch offices in the U.S. (i.e., airline tickets, hotels, railways tickets, tours). Grand Prize winner will need to redeem the Certificate at an H.I.S. World U.S. branch office, which he/she can do by phone if the Grand Prize winner is located in Canada or not near an H.I.S. World U.S. branch. Certificate terms and conditions apply (See Exhibit A for Terms and Conditions (as of 11/7/13). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $6,500 (U.S.)/$6,840 (CDN).
Fifteen (15) 1st Prizes: Each 1st Prize winner will receive an iPad®* Air 16GB with WiFi – ARV of each 1st Prize: $499 (U.S.)/$525 (CDN).
Thirty (30) 2nd Prizes: Each 2nd Prize winner will receive a custom-made Nishiki Lucky cat piggy bank – ARV of each 2nd prize: $60 (U.S.)/$63 (CDN).
Three hundred (300) 3rd Prizes: Each 3rd Prize winner will receive a custom-made Nishiki canvas eco bag – ARV of each 3rd Prize: $15 (U.S.)/$16 CDN. Allow 6-8 weeks for prize delivery for 3rd prizes.
The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all prizes combined: $20,285 (U.S.)/$21,350 (CDN). Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. If winner is a resident of the United States or if otherwise required by law, any prize with a value of $600 or more will be issued a 1099 form for the actual value of their prize. Taxes, meals, gratuities, travel upgrades, or any other expenses not specifically listed herein responsibility of winners. Travel and accommodations subject to availability; certain restrictions may apply. Sponsor is not responsible for a lost, stolen, misused travel certificate, or for problems of any kind whether human or electronic.
6. Notification. Potential Grand Prize, 1st Prize, and 2nd Prize winners will be notified on or about the week of March 24, 2014 by email, phone, or mail and may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility and/or Liability/Publicity Release (“Release”), within ten (10) calendar days of prize notification and if a resident of Canada must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question by phone or email in order to be declared a winner. If potential winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Release must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and such prize will be delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian and awarded in the name of parent/legal guardian. Potential U.S. 3rd prize winners will be notified upon receipt of their prizes (allow 6-8 weeks for delivery). Potential Canadian 3rd prize winners will be notified by email and if they correctly answer their skill-testing question will be sent their prizes. If any potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if potential winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Limit one (1) prize per person or household.
7. Conditions. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state/province/territory), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winners, agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively “Released Entities”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for travel to, or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase the odds of winning.
8. Additional Terms. In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder”: is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor will select the winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Caution: Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Except where prohibited by law, any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, City of New York.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF THEIR TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to the County of New York in the State of New York. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
12. Winners List. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by April 15, 2014 to: Nishiki 30th Anniversary New Year Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 876223, Los Angeles, CA 90087-9903. Canadian residents may omit return postage.
13. Sponsor. JFC International Inc, 7101 East Slauson Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90040-3622.
*iPAD IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK OF APPLE, INC (“APPLE”). APPLE IS NOT A PARTICIPANT IN OR A SPONSOR OF THIS PROMOTION.
All other brands, product names, or logos may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
Copyright ©2013 JFC International Inc All rights reserved.
H.I.S. Gift Certificate (Certificate) Terms and Conditions (As of 11/7/2013)
A. H.I.S. office locations where you can use the Certificate are as follows:
1. Little Tokyo 2. South Bay 3. West L.A. 4. San Diego 5. Las Vegas
1. New York 2. Boston 3. Miami
B. What can you redeem it for?
Any airline-tickets, tours, other items sold by H.I.S. You may redeem the Certificate for most goods which H.I.S. handles, but not all. Please ask details. (For example rental cell phone, travel Insurance, and air-tickets through the internet are not redeemable.)
No cash value. The Certificate is not redeemable for cash equivalent nor will any unused portion be returned as cash. We will credit the remainder of your balance.
The Certificate is not returnable or exchangeable.
Use of the Certificate are subject to any additional restrictions listed on this information sheet.